Goodwin Community Health has been helping families in need since 1969, because we believe everyone deserves access to quality health care at an affordable price. We strive to remove the barriers many people face to accessing the care they need. Many people in our community depend on us as their only option for preventative primary, dental, prenatal and behavioral health care.
Donating to Goodwin can be done easily, conveniently, and securely online. Click below to donate today.
Please make checks payable to Goodwin Community Health and mail to 311 Route 108, Somersworth, NH 03878.
Want to donate over the phone or have questions about your donation? Please contact Elizabeth Clemence at (603) 516-2555.
Other Ways to Give:
Giving monthly is the most efficient and cost-effective way to support Goodwin Community Health. You can change or cancel your monthly gift at any time. Set up your monthly gift now!
Gifts of Stock or Other Investments
Did you know that you can donate many kinds of investments to Goodwin Community Health instead of cash? If your investments have appreciated in value, then you might want to consider making a charitable gift of the investment itself. IRS tax regulations allow you to donate stocks and mutual funds to non-profit organizations. Understanding a few tax implications regarding your contributions may help add value to your donation.
Benefits for the Giver:
Two potential income tax advantages include:
- Charitable deductions for investments that have increased in value may allow you to deduct the fair market value of the securities at the time of the contribution.
- The donor could avoid the taxation of the capital gains that would have resulted if the donor sold the investment and gave the net cash to the charity. Many people think that donating the investment and selling the investment to give the money to a charity yields the exact same results. However, by donating the investment with a capital gain to the charity, both the donor and the recipient charity will benefit more if the investments are donated in-kind, instead of selling them and donating the cash.
Benefits for the Charity:
- The transfer of appreciated investments to GCH may help increase the size of the gifts made, because of the lower costs to the giver.
- Charitable organizations registered with the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) are not taxed when they sell stock therefore, no one pays taxes.
To make the most out of the potential tax benefits, it is not advised to give a stock that has lost value. If your stock has lost value, you may want to sell the stock first and then donate the proceeds of the sale to the charity. This allows you to deduct both a capital loss and charitable contribution. Before you make a gift of stock, especially if the amount is significant, be sure to talk with your professional financial advisor to determine how the gift may affect your overall financial or personal tax situation.
Instructions for Stock donations to Goodwin Community Health
Direct all donations to:
FBO: Goodwin Community Health
DTC Clearing #: 0756
Account #: 38466272
Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
70100 Ameriprise Financial Center
Minneapolis, MN 55474-0507
For transfer to:
Goodwin Community Health
311 Route 108
Somersworth, NH 03878
Please notify Goodwin Community Health of all stock donations prior to transfer. Include name of donor, stock name, and number of shares being transferred. Please send information to Erin Ross, Finance director, at eross@GoodwinCH.org or by calling 603-516-2549.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is not intended as a substitute for professional tax or legal counsel. We strongly recommend you consult with your professional tax advisor before making a gift of securities.
Gifts of Remembrance
Any gift can be made in memory or in honor of a special person or event. By supporting Goodwin’s work, such thoughtful gifts can help ensure a healthier future for people today and well into the future.
When making your gift, please indicate the name of the person you wish to honor or remember and provide a mailing address in a short note or in the memo portion of a check addressed to Goodwin Community Health. We will be honored to send a notification of your gift to the individual(s) remembered or honored (gift amount is not disclosed).
Named memorial funds include the Avis L. Goodwin Fund and the Joyce Grossi Fund. If you wish to donate online, select the Avis L. Goodwin or Joyce Grossi Fund or indicate “Avis L. Goodwin” or “Joyce Grossi Fund” in the memo portion of your mailed check.
Planned gifts allow you to support Goodwin Community Health while meeting family and financial obligations. Leave your legacy with Goodwin and know that your gift will help Seacoast residents gain access to quality health care. Leave your legacy through:
- A bequest through your will or living trust
- Stocks and appreciated securities such as charitable trusts, charitable gift annuities and pooled income funds
- Designating Goodwin Community Health as a beneficiary of a retirement plan, life insurance policy, or investment account
For information about planned giving, contact Joann Neumann at (603) 422-8208, ext. 144.