Welcome to Your Patient Centered Medical Home
Goodwin Community Health is proud to be recognized as a level 3 (highest level) Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee on Quality Assurance. We have been recognized since 2011 and work hard to meet their increasingly demanding standards every three years. Below are some of the ways we maintain our recognition.
We are accessible:
- We offer same-day appointments for both urgent and non-urgent needs.
- You can call us anytime (24/7) and a nurse will return your call in a timely manner.
- Our online patient portal allows you to request appointments, refills and referrals and to securely email your health care team at any time.
We provide continuous, team-based care:
- We allow you to select your primary care provider and work to make sure you are seen by them as often as possible.
- In addition to your provider, we support you with a whole care team. They work together to meet all of your needs in a coordinated, culturally sensitive manner.
- Your team includes a Provider, Nurse, Medical Assistant, and Care Coordinator. Nutrition counseling, psychiatric consultation, mental health counseling, and substance abuse counseling staff are available to you as needed and will work as part of your primary care team.
We use an electronic medical record to coordinate all of your health care needs in one place:
- This system ensures safety in medication prescribing, alerting providers to drug interactions, allergies, recalls and more.
- It also reminds us of those who need health screenings and immunizations.
- We collect data in a way that helps your care team access the information they need in a timely manner to meet your health care needs efficiently and accurately.
We provide care management and support:
- We evaluate your unique health care needs, going beyond your illness or condition and looking at you as a whole person.
- We look at barriers you may face (such as transportation, financial needs, child care, etc.), linking you to resources at Goodwin Community Health and elsewhere to address those barriers.
- We provide education that is customized to you.
- We use evidence-based guidelines for preventive, acute and chronic care management.
We coordinate your care even when you are seen elsewhere:
- As your Medical Home, we communicate with the other health providers you see, both past and present — specialists, hospitals, rehab centers, behavioral health centers and more — to make sure all your providers are on the same page.
- We track and coordinate your tests, referrals and care transitions.
- We routinely ask if you were seen somewhere to which we did not refer you (such as at an urgent care center while you were out of the area) to make sure we are seeing your complete health care picture and meeting your needs.
We regularly monitor our performance and set goals for improvement:
- Looking for improvement opportunities, we ask for feedback from our patients using surveys, focus groups and suggestion boxes.
- We monitor our rates of screenings, immunizations and measures related to care coordination
- We look at individual clinician and health center performance data.
- We track outcomes, such as how well people are managing their blood pressure and blood sugar.
Goodwin Community Health Center receives health and human services funding and are Federally deemed with respect to certain health care claims, including malpractice claims for its self and its covered individuals.